Sunday, January 15, 2012

Five packaged foods you never need to buy again

Totally cool post from the Grist here...


What did you resolve to do this year? Eat healthier? Avoid processed foods?
Stay away from GMOs? Stop buying products foisted on you by the man?
Reduce the size of your weekly garbage bag? Become a domestic god(ess)?
I want to do all of those things, which is why I am so damn excited about
this post.

You see, until recently, these five packaged foods were staples on
every shopping list I made. But, over the last few months, I've discovered
that they are all completely unnecessary once you get the hang of
making them at home.


1.
stock_potNever buy soup

I've always hated trying to shop for soup. They always hide nasty ingredients in there, and more often than not, even the most vegan-sounding soup is made with chicken stock or a little beef fat. Campbell's makes a vegetable soup that isn't vegetarian. Why?  2-5 MORE here. Delicious.

No comments: