Saturday, July 12, 2008

You heading for your close call?

2nd Close Call Reported At JFK Airport.
[Twice this week two planes nearly collided at JFK airport, because of a runway problem. That's what it took to get action.]
"The FAA (finally) put out an order to JFK to no longer use that approach. That's exactly what we wanted to happen," Byrnes said. "We've been trying to change that for the last 12, 13 years. It's been an accident waiting to happen." -See here.
Is your body an accident waiting to happen? You heading for your close call?

1 comment:

Pam Pappas MD said...

Hi Kim,

I was scared that I was headed for that close call -- not only does my body look bad aesthetically, but my waist measurement was firmly in the "danger zone". Plus, my fasting blood sugar and cholesterol were elevated, and my inflammation markers were quite elevated also. All this got my attention, and is putting my feet to the fire with Dr. Heidi's Extreme Regime. Now if I could just get my thyroid gland to work again. :-) The new food plan may help.

So far (after 6 weeks) I have released 7 pounds and nearly 2 inches from my waist.

Dr. Heidi rocks! I am in the middle of a lifestyle and body renovation. It might be too extreme for some, because you can't buy your meat, eggs, and dairy products at Costco anymore. You also have to confront your carbohydrate issues if they're present. But I sure don't want diabetes or worse! And guess what: even people who dwell at size 4 are not immune to inner toxic fat they'd never guess was there.

Learning to take better care,
Pam